10+ Productivity Hacks for Creatives
If there’s one thing I’ve learned as an entrepreneur who wants to be successful, it’s the importance of time management. Working full time, being a wife and mom and running a small business is a huge undertaking. But, I’m taking steps everyday to make the most of the time I have to get the most done in a short period of time.
I’m so excited to chat about this topic, because there are a lot of time-wasters out there, and I indulged in a lot of them before understanding how successful people manage their time. It’s definitely still a work in progress, but I wanted to share what I’ve learned, as well as the perspective of another small business owner—more on that below!
5 Productivity Hacks for Entrepreneurs
1. Have a daily routine. How many times have we heard this?! But it’s so true. I’m a free spirit at heart, so a little structure helps me avoid getting distracted when I have deadlines. It also helps me prioritize what needs to get done now vs later.
2. Schedule everything. I put every reminder, photoshoot, call and task in my calendar. I even have a calendar reminder to pick my son up from school. I won’t tell you how many times I worked passed his pick up time before I started doing this lol. Whether it’s in your phone or physical calendar, it will help ensure you aren't over-booking appointments or not giving yourself enough time to get tasks done, and fall behind.
3. On that note, work “after hours” if you have to. When I started working on my passion, it was hard to find time to plan and get things done. Since I still work full time and have two young kiddos who need me, late nights and early mornings are the best time for me to focus on my business without distractions.
4. Take notes on important conversations. It helps you to discover how to meet your clients’ needs, to know when follow-up is needed, and to make a connection when you remember personal things about who you’re working with.
5. Collaborate with others. I love meeting new people and collaborating! When you bring your strengths and excitement to a collab, you never know what it can lead to, but you know it’ll be amazing! Promoting other businesses that complement my own allows me to learn new things and help others grow. It’s great for cross-promotion when you have similar audiences. Which brings me to another set of productivity hacks from Lindsay of Full Heart Co!
How to run a small creative business with Lindsay of Full Heart Co
Say hi to Lindsay! I’m obsessed with her adorable lettering and mugs. It’s the perfect accessory for your home workspace. The mug I’m holding says All the Fall Things and it’s making me super excited for fall. Check out her Etsy shop, as it’s the perfect gift for the holidays!
About Lindsay’s business:
Full Heart Co was created for women with a heart for others; in order to inspire and encourage a life of joy, influence, and grace.
“Over the years, the Lord has blessed me with countless opportunities to see first hand the amazing work that He is doing through so many non-profit organizations. The people that make up the organizations, the lives they impact and the missions they live out, make my heart full. This creative business was started out of the overflow of my heart.
10% from the sale of each specialty mug goes directly to its designated non-profit!”
Hacks from Lindsay:
1. Turn off the Netflix
2. Brew the coffee
3. Pick out a cute inspirational mug
4. Make a to-do list for the day
5. Change into the perfect pair of leggings
6. Sit down and tackle the first thing on your list
7. For me, it is all about getting in the right mindset and having fuel for the day. I need A LOT of coffee + grace. So do you.
8. Check off the things on your list as you go + don't fret if you don't get it all done.
9. I LOVE to listen to podcasts when I am in the car. Making the best use of that time is an easy way for me to feel more productive.
Thank you, Lindsay!
How do you stay productive as a creative entrepreneur? Share your tips with us in the comments!
Want to receive updates on new blog posts and free resources? Sign up for my weekly newsletter here! I promise, I won't spam you : )