5 Makeup Tips for Your Next Photoshoot
Planning your next shoot and not sure if you should do your own makeup or hire a makeup artist? Or maybe you’ve done your own makeup for a shoot to ensure your makeup looks “natural” and your face ended up looking washed out in the photo? You’re not alone! I’ve partnered with local hairstylist and makeup artist, Monique (who also happens to be my sister!) on some basic makeup tips for photo shoots. Mo has been a MUA and hairstylist for over decade and often does makeup for weddings.
My youngest sister, Simonne, is our model!
1. Put your foundation and eye makeup on a little heavier than usual so that your face doesn’t look washed out (i.e. use blush, bronzer, darker eye shadow such as browns or mixing brown and black in the outer upper corner of the eyes)
2. To make your eyes pop, put on an extra coat of mascara or even some false lashes if you're feeling fancy!
3. Even when using nude lip colors, go a shade darker or lighter so it will show better in pictures.
4. Blending is everything, from your foundation down to your highlight and contour.
5. Accentuate the features you love most about yourself!
What makeup questions do you have for Mo? Be sure to follow her on Instagram @truebeautybrandon!